Monday, 12 December 2011

It ain't easy


For some reason (I have my suspicions it was some point between the election and the first deaf MP getting into parliament), my latest FC is GREEN.

I.. I've never felt this way before..

I never really had even one kind of green I enjoyed in clothing, well since the pairing of the limey green plaid cotton shorts and matching green rib top combo from DFL when I was ten.

Mossy naturally greens make me feel like a middle aged hippy.

Also too natural evokes primary school tree/leaf/bird costumes seen in the background of a school play.

As indicated fluro and limes are obviously best left on the benches we ate lunch on outside Mrs Summers' form one class.

Peppermint looks like it belongs on nothing except a brisk no nonsense polyester, an old nurses uniform maybe.

Turqoise and teal are...cheating! They're blue.

Too little blue in your green though and you get DOC uniforms, army uniforms, school uniforms...

And then you add brown or pattern and its camo.

Too much yellow is spew or bogey coloured.

And dark forest green is possibly the worst - I'm thinking demure floor length satin 7th form ball dresses, or bridesmaids dresses that are supposed to be revolutionary in their sophistication.

Anyway, ever since about when my vintage $10 green dress arived finally from its trade me seller, (THREE DAYS LATE FOR THE ELECTION PARTY - BAD FEEDBACK), I have been throwing it on like its going out of style (it may be - I'm so deep in this verdant trance I wouldn't know).

The neo-green is retro, almost kitsch in its milky concentrated dark peppermint glory.. Its my sexy election dress:

Its a bold stripey wooden bangle from a Newtown opshop which just looks great with EVERYTHING!!





Its my faithful leather bag that I never really liked thaaat much til now (shock horror, I've been so close to gifting it on so often!! WHAT IF?!) :





Also, its probably the colour you're least likely to match someone in. Forget black. You pretty much have to hot-glu feathers and sequins to yourself to be noticed in the queue for the toilet at the Mightys these days.









Oh my, it's rich with this deep purple.

No comments: